I offer singing lessons for adults and teenagers and spoken voice lessons to individuals who would like to improve their voice for health and well being, or for work, presentations and performance.
I am ready to help you . . .
- improve posture and breathing and gesture
- overcome habits such as nasality, excess breathiness and vocal nodules
- connect easily with your listener
- be heard and understood with ease
- (for singers) explore a variety of songs to suit your development, learn to understand and interpret written vocal music, and, if you wish, support you with graded music exams
You’ll gain expressiveness and vocal stamina. You’ll learn to energize your body, listen to yourself, and develop the kind of breathing and balance that bring out the best in your voice, whether for work, pleasure or that special performance.
I have been a singing teacher for over 25 years. I enjoy supporting adults whether beginners or more experienced performers. I am classically trained and have sung opera and musical theatre professionally. Should you wish to sing in other languages you can rely on me for help with French, German, Italian, Latin and Spanish.
For over 10 years I have been a singing and movement tutor at the National Academy of Singing and Dramatic Art (NASDA) for Bachelor of Performance Art in Musical Theatre students. I hold a bachelor’s degree in Theatre, a Master of Music in Opera Performance (Indiana University), am experienced public speaker and a certified Feldenkrais® practitioner.
You can work with me one on one in the studio, or on Skype.